My Thoughts on God and Religion

As you can see on the left side of my blog I have listed different subjects that I categorize all my blog post under. One of them is Religion/God. I've posted Bible verses on here before but have refrained from posting my thoughts or views because it's a touchy subject. But I wanted to share with whoever is reading this what my beliefs are and what 'rules' I go by. 

To start I wanted to say, I don't go to church. I know that some people might believe that going to church every Sunday is the correct way to worship and to each his own, but for me and my family, we don't go. We actually worship on Saturday. Genesis 2:2 says "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Exodus 20:8-11 says "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it."
We stay home on Saturday and do exactly what the Ten Commandments states above: We do not do any work, we do not cook, clean, watch TV or anything we could do during the week. We study, read our bibles, take walks with nature and have a weekly phone conference with people from all over the world. 

We also do not wear jewelry. 1 Timothy 2:9  "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array"
Along with that verse, we dress very modestly. Skirts below the knee, no low-cut tops, and sleeves past the shoulders (Like a normal t-shirt). Even though it's unrealistic to not wear shorts and tank tops in the heat of the summer, we never go out dressed that way. I and my sister do wear makeup, probably far more than our mom would like, but I sure try to keep it modest. No bright lipstick or dark eyeshadow. Those are the rules. 

It is very easy for me being brought up this way, to follow these rules. I know if you were suddenly forced into somebody else's lifestyle it would just make your head spin, but I quite enjoy having discipline. I know where the line is drawn and I'm dared to cross it.
It can be very tricky, especially as a sixteen-year-old. I feel like being homeschooled really helps keep the temptations away. I and my sisters have been homeschooled our whole lives, never once set foot in a public school. A part of me wonders what it's like, but the other part of me gets freaked out thinking about waking up every morning and always having somewhere to go. I hate leaving the house. I feel like that's weird for a sixteen-year-old, but I'm sure some of you relate. Anyway, my family is also vegetarian. I've just this week been sugar-free (except for that piece of chocolate cake and that mini doughnut I ate, don't tell anyone). I just cut out refined sugar, honey is just fine which is why I've survived this long. Anyway, this is just a few of them, I guess you could say, rules that we follow in our household. I got to say, I wouldn't change them. I really enjoy having a guide to live by. I feel like it makes life just a little easier, even though I wouldn't know what life would be like without God. I feel like it would be a cold and desolate place. No place I would want to be. 

New post hopefully every day! Sign up to my email list on the right side of the page! 

Comments

Popular Posts